Monday, October 4, 2010

My Story

I graduated from Forest Hills Eastern in 2009, with a varsity letter, and zero scholarships. My GPA was a 3.0...not enough to get into a big ten school, and I was bound to head to Grand Rapids Community College. In fact, GRCC is the only place I applied to in the fall, with no hope of getting accepted anywhere else. High school ended, and all of my friends left for Central Michigan, Grand Valley, and of course, Michigan State. The summer after graduation I started my first semester at GRCC. It was wonderful. I got all A's and loved the classes I was taking. I kept taking classes up until summer of 2010. With 4 full semesters completed at GRCC, I now had my associates. The last year had been rough. I never had a summer break like most students. I never had many friends (no one does when the go to a community college!!!!). But I got through it all, applied to MSU and when I got my acceptance letter I literally cried. I was moving on, and getting out of Grand Rapids.

No comments: