Friday, October 15, 2010

Talk about something

So today was my Day at State host day. To be nice, I carried her very large suitcase through campus to my dorm.  Once we got back, my roommate was trying to pick out an outfit to wear for her date night at Sigma Chi. This visitor said "if this is what having a roommate is like, then I'm getting a single." How rude is that? Kimberly and I love helping each other get ready, so it was weird when the visitor wasn't interested in it at all. She then acted like she was bored, so I decided to show her around the dorm a bit. I showed her where to get the mail,where laundry is done, and the dinning hall. We then went to the Human Ecology building, where she would have most f her classes as an Interior Design Major. I figured out that she is a very lazy person who complains that "I'm so tired!" She basically complained quite a bit for the entire 24 hours that she was at MSU. After showing her some class rooms we went to meijer's to get some spray paint (silver and neon green), then continued to get lost on the bus. Once we got back to campus we proceeded to paint the Rock!!! We painted the background silver and the letters green, and says: When leaves fall... So does Illinois! It looked great because the silver on the rock looked like tin foil.What a great time that was, and she loved painting the Rock. After that, we came back to the dorm and went to sleep.

When we woke up we went to Brody for lunch and being the Interior Design major that I am, I love it there It is completely updated and modern! (My favorite place is Boiling Point by the way) My classes were all canceled today, so we went to my roommate's lecture so that the visitor could see what a lecture hall is like. The class in question was: Anatomy and Physiology or Speech and Hearing Mechanisms. This is only a 50 minute class and we only stayed for half of it. Get this! Once we got out of class, she says: "You just made me not want to go to college." I thought that was fairly rude to say. I was trying to show her what college was like and I don't think she needed to be mean about it. Going to class should be the main point of college. You need to go to class to get an education...to graduate and get a degree. Ugh. We then met up with my boyfriend, and he took us to show us one of the biggest lecture halls on campus at the Vet Med building. Afterwards we went to see if we could get a tour at the Cyclotron Laboratory but we found out we needed to make reservations in advance and we couldn't just walk in. We then went to Bubble Island with some friends, and played Life and drank delicious drinks. I had never been to Bubble Island, so the bubbles in my drink were a totally new concept. After some tasty beverages and a good game of Life we went back to my room and helped her pack up so she could leave.I met her grandparents at her departure, who are alumni of MSU. Once she was gone, I then went to the Homecoming parade with my two favorite people Kimberly and Sterling! The parade was awsome, and included the band, and other student organizations. Fuuuuuuun fuuuuuun fuuuuuun.

No comments: