Tuesday, February 1, 2011

GOING GREEK???...btw snow day tomorrow!!!!!!!!! :D

Okay...its rush week...time to talk about it.
My boyfriend is in a frat, Sig Rho.
I love the boys, they are all very nice.
Im actually being the "door girl" tonight and checking all the boys into the house.

Ive considered rushing myself.
I had a list of about 3 houses I wanted to join.
I was thinking about rushing this semester...but after seeing the grades Ster got during his rush semester (sry ster, i had to bring it up), i decided to wait until I officially get into the Interior Design program at msu.

Going Greek.
To go greek..or not to go greek...that is the question..

Ive always been pro-greek, at least with sororities...until yesterday.

While I was eating lunch I overheard Sigma Kappa (looks like "EK" on the bags) girls talking. I knew they were EK girls, because they were all carrying black bags with colorful EK stitched onto it.
They were giggling about the first night of rush, which was only a few hours ahead of them.
I was excited for them...until i heard one of them say
"when an ugly girl walks into the house yell 'GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!'"
and then they discussed how they were going to allow any gorgeous girl to walk through.
They were joking...but not really.
They were making mean remarks and comments, and how they were going to act, and behave.

Ive always wanted to join a sorority, thinking it wouldnt actually be that way...but perhaps it is.
I WILL be judged for what i wear, and how i do my makeup and hair. Its sad.

I feel as though frats are different. I feel as though boys dont care about looks as much as girls, that guys focus on personality more. But perhaps im wrong...

Im still down for pledging...for rushing...for whatever.
But I am seriously disgusted by what I heard...


ALSO on my mind...
SNOW DAY TOMORROW!!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey doll, not all sororities are like that. I'm in one myself and trust me during rush not all the girls will judge you on your looks but your personality. They want a sister who will spend time with them through thick and thin. I wish you good luck during recruitment. :)

BrittneyLynne23 said...

oooo! Thanks so much!
I know theyre not all like that...it was just disappointing to hear it!
Thanks again! youre awsome!