Thursday, March 3, 2011

Venting to the World. Troubles with Dating in College...and a little but of Allmsu.com

Hey!
Okay, so in this blog I am going to mention:
A. Allmsu.com and how it can help you.
B. Why dating in college can suck
C. My situation, because I need to vent. This is the situation from MY personal view.
Now! A and B will come in the story of C...so youre going to have to read some of my dirt to get to A if thats what you would like to know.
If you dont want to hear me vent...I suggest you stop reading riiiiight...now.







C. So. He and I broke up. We were going great. fantastic. so in love. UNTIL!!! A few weeks ago when we discussed what are plans were for the summer and next year.
I wanted to go to Mackinac to work, and he wanted to go to Holland, but said he was willing to try Mackinac for me. Next fall I wanted to study abroad, but his grades were so low he couldnt even apply to any study abroad programs. So it was a struggle of stay together or not. We decided to stay together, but just that one day of talking about our future plans was stressful on the relationship.
B. Dating in college is difficult because everyone is always changing their plans. You never know when something is going to change, and if youll be able to make it work with that person. your life is never set in stone, especially in college.
Next, Valentines day comes around and I dont get a single word of "happy...valentines.." until I said it to him. It was a tragic day, but we dont need to go into details, other than it sucked hugely!
I get upset because wed been dating for almost 5 months and he had never paid for a dinner. not once. he paid for my bubble island once though...
We went on so many dinners and so many dates, which I paid for!!!!!! Not until I asked him to take me on an official date is when he finally decided to pay. So I was angry about that.
The next was a roommate situation which basically ended it all. His ex gf's roommate was who I apparently had been talking to about living with...and well, that just wasnt going to work out.
He was angry at me...because I was getting angry at him for many different situations.


SO we broke up. Mutually...but then I was willing to get back together...and he was too just not as willing as I was. But he decided to try.

That was were I shouldve stopped. Always make sure the other wants you wayyy more than you do.

I asked if he wanted to go to lunch.
"Yes. But can you come here (snyphi) because im not feeling good"
I got concerned and of course I was going to meet him there. I asked if he needed anything and headed over for lunch.
During lunch he told me how he thought he was sick because he pulled an all nighter and just stayed up really late 2 nights in a row and that he just needed rest. I believed him and watched as he ate only broth for lunch. He also told me how he had thrown up the night before and couldnt eat solids.
We part ways, and I head to work.
While at work, his roommate comes in and gives me a huge high five. The convo went like this:
"Hey!"
"Hey! I heard he was sick?"
"Sick??? Hes not sick. Maybe reeeeeaaaallllly hung over!"
"oh yeah?"
"yeah! Him me and *Fred* got really drunk last night"
"oooo Okay!"

I go to his door, and hes sleeping, I open up and say his name and tell him to wake up.
I question how he could lie straight to my face.
SICK? How bout hung over.

The fact that he didnt tell me makes it seem as though he is hiding something. Yes we are both single and are able to do what we like, but you still better tell me the truth to save anything close to a friendship.
I slammed the door when I left (he claims this was me ending it....it was already over when he lied to my face)
I feel like I have been so disrespected as a friend. I dont care that he drank, thats not an issue with me. The issue is that I was lied to.
What makes me worried is that hes not a big drinker. And hes never drank so much that hes ever had a hangover...so he must of had quite alot of alcohol.

I feel as though I have every right to be angry. The trust is no longer there, and I no longer want to be with him.
His Tv, DVD player, and cable box were set up in my room for me to use while we were dating. Since I no longer wanted to be with him he had to come get it.
he knocked on the door and I let him in. We didnt say a word. He started getting the things together, while me and my roommate watched. At one point he looked up and said "Sorry...for everything" and looked away. Another 2 minutes of silence goes by, and before he walks out of the door he says "see you around" and almost starts crying. Im seriously impressed at how fast this boy got his items together! it was record time i swear!

On his facebook today his status is "Whos partying tonight??"
Now. This boy is not a partier. He is a frat boy though.
He denies he has intentions to drink tonight...but seriously. Its ridiculous.
Idk what is going on with him...

I hope he is happy with the decisions he's made, and I hope hes happy with the outcome.
We are no longer friends, and will no longer be seeing each other ever again.

I still wish him the best, no matter what he does. He is not a bad person at all, and deserves to be happy in every way possible. I just wish he didnt lie, so that our relationship could be way better than it is. Before yesterday I was bawling over him...in class, at work... but as soon as he lied, the tears stop. Anger took the place of sadness. In a way, him doing this has made it 10 times easier to get over it all.

I am not broken. I am bruised.

The week home during Spring Break will be amazing. I plan to spend lots of time with my girlie friends and family. :) YAAAAY!!

SOO now you get A.

My ex was my CSE tutor who would help me whenever i needed help before a test. Being a design student, Im not very good with computers.
Without him I was going to fail. I freaked.
But I got smart about it. Instead of hanging on to my ex and keeping him as a tutor, which might not have been the best choice, I posted on allmsu.com that i needed a CSE 101 tutor. I got 2 replies and one guy is the winner! He will be awesome. He is a senior in computer science and has his own web page resume. Any time I need help, i just give him a call. Im very excited to meet him after spring break to get help!

On allmsu you can post just about anything ranging from lost/found, roommates, to dating. It saved me in this situation, and im sure it will save me again some time down the road.

To all who read, Thanks for listening to me vent.
And if the boy who this is about reads this, know that ill always be there for you, no matter what. "when its all good, to when its all bad"  I wish you the best...and Ill see you at work. Please dont take offense, but i had to get it out somewhere.

No comments: