Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Lilac Festival

So the last 2 weeks (June 10-19), the Lilac Festival on Mackinac Island. Different events happen each day, such as wine tasting and "walk and talk with lilacs"
The lilacs bloom about one week before the festival, and are in the process of dying currently. The smell amazing and make the whole island smell super good!

Some events that go on during the festival are:
Grand Afternoon Tea- tea time at the Grand Hotel, $25, and dress code necessary
Architectural Walking Tour- learn the who, what, where, when, and why of many downtown buildings, $10
Mackinac island Dog and Pony Show- Presented by the Mackinac Island Dog and Pony Club
Movies at the Mission- New movies shown at Mission Point Resort

The events seem so fun! But its hard to go to ANY of them when youre an employee on the island (especially when you work 2 jobs like me!) My roommates and I had a ton planned out though. When I came home from work one evening there was line dancing outside of my dorm! I made it to the last song!

So today was the parade! The theme was "Game Boards", but it was Games in general.
Wings of Mackinac did "Barrel of Butterflies"...like Barrel of Monkeys!
We walked down dressed as butterflies and barrels. Of course I had to rock the whole barrel look...
We won "Most Creative" in the Parade! Im super proud of my Wings Ladies!


No comments: